The Negroni has reached cult-like status in recent years, a classic cocktail that is the holy trinity of Gin, Campari, and Sweet Vermouth. Known for being both bitter and sweet, the Negroni is a complex cocktail that is a great format for variation. Swap the Gin for rum and you have a Jamaican Negroni. Build with Tequila and you have a Rosita. Use Bourbon and you have a Boulevardier. Sub Ancho Libre Infused Mezcal and you’ve got your own variation on the Negroni that is smoky, spicy, and reminiscent of the savory culinary dishes found in Oaxaca, Mexico. This cocktail is arm-chair travel at its best!
- 1 oz Ancho Libre Infused Mezcal
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz Sweet Vermouth
- Add Ancho Libre Mezcal, Campari, and Sweet Vermouth to Mixing Beaker
- Add ice and stir until chilled
- Strain into a Rocks Glass with a King Cube
- Garnish with an orange slice
Ice: King Cube
Glass: Rocks Glass
Garnish: Orange Slice
Cocktail Type: Strong and Boozy
Ancho Libre Mezcal
- 750ml of Mezcal
- 1 pack of Ancho Libre Alkemista Infusion
Measure out 750 ml in your mixing beaker. Add infusion blend to your Alkemista Infusion Vessel, screw on the bottom, and add alcohol. Let sit for overnight and decant to a glass bottle until ready to serve.