There’s nothing that heralds the holidays like the comforting aroma of a pumpkin spice latte. Leave it to the barista geniuses at Starbucks to create what has become the official scent of winter. Combining fresh cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and other spices, this enduring favorite has been adapted into an endless array of drinks, desserts and delicacies.
We’ve perfected our own decadent adult version of the season’s most popular sweet-and-spicy treat. So grab a blanket, light the fire and mix yourself a drink!
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- 5 allspice berries
- 2g fresh sliced ginger (or ginger root)
- 2g nutmeg slices (fresh)
- 1 vanilla bean (or 30ml vanilla extract after infusion)
- 750ml wheated bourbon (Maker’s Mark or similar)
- Add all ingredients to Alkemista filter
- Add bourbon
- Infuse 4 days
- Optional: finish with 30ml vanilla extract to substitute for whole vanilla bean